Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday 6/24/2010

Day class at the Weston - Good class. Lex has joined here for awhile so there will be more opportunities to train with him. His game is developing well, and he will be a good addition to this group. John covered some Guard pulls into a triangle, an Oma Plata and then into a sweep position.  I had decent training, first with Lex, he is working on the butterfly hook sweep, and got to a strong hand position, but, I evaded the sweep with the balance and position of my hips. Managed to ride the sweep attempt into a pass. I controlled the arm from a side position and broke his grip for a side Juji Gatame armlock.
Next I had Mike B. I pulled he stood I went to the De La Riva and caught a grip on his lapel from under his leg and stood up with him and forced him down for a sweep. I worked the pass and got to where I had his legs pinned but he was still in a difficult position to pass but i switched to passing to the other direction and made it. I went knee in the belly and then got near a mount. He caught just my foot in half guard he used a hook to elevate me. Then he dropped me and I accidentally kicked my hook right in his balls. Needless to say he had to stop for the balance of the set.


I had Blue John last. I swept as normal. One interesting point was he cross grips from inside the guard and tries to push the head to make space to scramble from the guard. I blew his grip and forced his arm across and got almost behind him from inside his guard. Kept him forced into the turn and passed from here. I mounted and caught one of his hands between us and choked him. The gym was hot and  I was still feeling the effects of being sick so I was getting a bit more winded than I should have but, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment