Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday 6/172010

BJJ at the Weston. John was here he covered a baseball bat choke. I don't love that he had them in knee in the belly with the arm along side the head on the same side as tori is on the belly, this does allow the pressure roll against the arm that shouldn't catch anyone but can lead to a reversal. Good to be aware of it, but, I think the risk - reward leans against this part of the technique. He did an arm lock i want to work on from the paper cutter choke position (though he did it from knee in the belly) where you trap the arm to your side with your low arm, and pinch it with your arm then sit back with it. He also did one with the high arm where you push your shin into the armpit of uke, trap it with the high arm and sit back for the armlock.

I rolled a couple of sets witht he purple in class. Once with Mike B. He is a good training partner. He stands to pass when i am sitting which is OK but, I have to make sure I get a grip otherwise he has too much mobility. I go De La Riva and fed his sleeve to my grip. He tried to back away to avoid the sweep so I stood up with him. I didn't want to take him down too hard and he has good base. he managed to scramble. away. i sat again and the same thing happened but, this time I wanted to make sure he went down. I controlled his other shoulder and put him on his back directly into side control. He worked back to guard when I went knee in the belly. I worked to pass and the set ended.

Pretty standard set with Chris D. He is doing a good job avoiding the things that used to catch him easily, so is a much better training partner now, as I have to work much harder and more skillfully rather than falling into patterns of positions he defends poorly. He sill isn't scoring but he made me bail to my turtle and would have scored vantage.  I reversed him and scored some points, but, a good set.

No comments:

Post a Comment