Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friday 6/18/2010

BJJ open mat at the Weston.

Only 5 of us were here today and neither of the black belts. I still had good training.  I did 2 sets with Chris, One with Blue John and Jack. I missed Craig, Learned something interesting about how to run an odd number of people and make it work in my even number system. Line up everyone but include an open space as the anchor. Leave the open space and have everyone else rotate and there will be a floating bye. Everyone should have each person and a break. (credit Craig)

Pretty straightforward sets.  One note I need to remember was when Chris went under my leg and tried to throw me across, nominally to pass, but usually ending in a turtle. I did a good job of going with the momentum and rolling with it to ass-guard. I set my feet in his armpits with my grip on his knees and launched him. I almost put him into the mirror face first. It was a little funny as he was surprised about failing to toss me over. and then getting launched. I should probably show this sometime soon, as it's a good addition to the skill set and deals with a particular problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment