Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thursday 6/17/2010

During open mat, Peter and I worked on a few things for his stand up, particularly Ouchi Gari.
Smallish class, 10 people or so. We did some throwing and fits of each persons Tokui Waza. Art took Mike P and Peter and worked with them quite extensively I had the others and worked in here a bit during their throwing and fits.2 sets of randori.

I don't recall what we covered in Ne waza. I do remember that I rolled a surprisingly good set with Mike P. He fights very hard and is surprisingly strong. He still has massive holes in his game but he has a huge upside. His physical skills are very solid and he is a good competitor. He also learns well , pays attention and comes to class. these are all pretty good elements to improve their skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment