Monday, September 20, 2010

Friday 9/17/2010 Xande Ribeiero Semi-Private

Xande was in town for a couple of days. I will be in the group seminar tomorrow and took semi-private today.
Good class. Very fundamentally sound with information and techniques that can be adapted to a lot of different positions. I much prefer this to a seminar with some tricks that I will often not use. Fundamentals I can integrate into my game.
He covered a pass of the De La Riva position, some work on taking the back briefly addressed some ideas for attacking a turtle. I will have to refer to my notes for specifics on techniques.




Xande was great. We compared notes on having a new kid and some other gossip. Cool to hang out and spend some time with him again. It's not typical for the top 3 guy in the world to also be a solid guy, but's it's true in this case. 

1 comment:

  1. He taught an approach to breaking down turtle and transition to back when I was in San Diego. Very effective. High % success and is now part of my arsenal. Xande is very nice. Always took the time to say hi and shake my hand when he stopped by the gym.

    ReplyDelete