Monday, September 13, 2010

Thursday - 9/9/2010

Day class at the Weston - Light class, Mike B., John,. Blue John, myself and a white belt, Chris. We just trained so it was more fun and productive for me. I had two sets with John The first, I hit a De La Riva sweep and came up, passed him and worked him for awhile and then finally caught him.The next set he got into my legs again and made it to leg lock program and managed to knee bar me. I'm starting to see this  a little earlier, but, still not defending it well. The second part of the set was more like the first, I managed to sweep and come up, then score points. The set with mike was like a lot of ours. I swept from the De La Riva beginning and then worked to pass. He did a good job of bellying out of the pass several times. I woudl have scored vantages but not secured the pass. Blue John played hard and is also difficult to complete the pass, but, I managed to lock him down after sweeping him and choked him from the mount. I pulled with Chris and put him in bad positions and caught him a few times. I gave him a few pointers on maintaining his base as he was initiating the slpit, that may help him.

No comments:

Post a Comment