Friday, September 10, 2010

Tuesday - 8/31/2010

Day class at the Westin - Just John, Mike B, Blue John and myself were there. John covered a sweep position he saw at the De la Riva seminar, that I found interesting. It uses the entwined arm position I like but might be a little hard to get into the first starting positions. It swept well once I got there, though. I also was able to use the back flip sweep if they stood up which i also like. We the just trained 3 - 7 minutes sets and called it a day.
Just a few notes from the sets. I pulled blue John straight to X-Guard and hit the number 2 sweep right off of the bat. Mike is doing a very good job denying the completion of the pass. I get him close but he is doing well at not allowing the finish to side control. John is doing a good job hunting my feet and legs. He doesn't hit much else against me but, he is having success getting to the leg lock program and finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment