Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tuesday 2/23/2010

Day class at the Westin. Not the best class to see for the club, but the best possible class for me. Me, John D., Chris and John (Blue belt) were the ones who came. We did a few drills and then trained 3 long sets. Perfect for what i wanted to do after no class the night before. First set was with BB John. Fun, but it was what you'd expect, I caught him a few times. He still bounces around a bit much and sits guard but then scrambles back up, I think he'd be better served to pick a position and commit to it. My set with John d., was fun. first two sets, i managed to get to the top off of a sweep and then pass and catch him. He has a hard time escaping me when i make it to a side position. the third set was good. We were scrambling and he jumped to the leg lock program and worked a series of switches from the foot to the knee and back a few times. I couldn't quite come up and couldn't get my leg free. he managed to catch the knee bar just before time expired. Really fun set and reminded me how effective the leg lock system is. i should go for it even if i just work the straight footlocks against the lower ranks. Last set was with Chris. He managed to make me bail from his pass attempt, but I got bakc to the top and kept pressure on him.  Fun training.

AQ reported we had 15 in Judo last night, including a few more new people who could stick. Good classes there right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment