Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thursday 2/11/2010

Snowpocalypse continues. The Westin classes are cancelled.

The BJJ open mat was useful as Katie, Max, Lex and another Judo person were in the class. I fielded questions from them and worked on various positions. They seemed to find it useful. Katie is threatening to come to the Monday Judo class. We will see.

11 people in Judo which shows some real dedication.

I had Lee cover the Kosoto Gake he has been doing.

Right sided stance strong left handed lapel pull while cross stepping with the left foot. the arm enters like an Ippon Seoi Nage. Key note on the entry is to keep the hips faced directly at Uke. Then Take the Kosoto Gake against their left leg. makikomi down on them from the Seoi grip. I am intrigued by this and did some. I think I might be able to make something of it. I did several sets of randori. I am getting a little better but the Harai is still dead in the water.

I did the hook guard position in Ne waza talking about the sweep and the bicep cutter in response to head control.

I rolled with Migel. He is quite athletic but if I slow him down and make it a technical match he is food for the gun. there are just too many positions he hasn't seen.

Note we had the first hit from Lee's judo club web site. a promising prospect came in and seems like he will join. (Mike)

No comments:

Post a Comment