Monday, February 08, 2010

Thursday 1/21/2010

BJJ open mat and Judo - Worked on the hook guard (formerly caled the De La Riva position by us) with Katie. she wanted to see it and I went through the way i use it with her. katie is tough but would be well served to return to Judo. She shoud be a better top player and needs to be stronger at the takedowns. she and Max would both do well in Judo. Eric trained with Zach Green who I think is excellent. He nearly caught Eric, which isn't easy to do, especially giving p size and rank. i will continue to try to get him to some Judo classes.


Judo was good, Good numbers and we worked at a fast pace. I gave some time for indiviual Tokui Waza and worked with different individuals on some elements of their throwing. Solid if unspectacular randori. Z and Scott as well of course as Lex are standing out among the sub brown belts as the guys to watch.

More Juji Gatame turnover work for Ne waza. The new white belt who has dome some sub grappling did OK with this which is a good sign for him. It's not an easy technique but the club ia handling the difficulty level well and we might get a few who actually use it. I like Lex and what he is doing there.

In the Kettlebell snatch challenge After switching to a right side first approach (which is amazing to me that I have to protect my right side - pre surgery taking my right side second I woudl still always do significantly more reps on the right, now its my weaker side) I hit 40/40 with the 20KG. I won't go up in weight to the 24 kg until I hit 50/50.

No comments:

Post a Comment