Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Saturday 2/13/2010

BJJ - i covered the 11-1 classes for John while he is away. I was barely on time, but there was no one there. I was going get my book when Max showed. A few more wandered in, but all in all a poor showing for a Saturday class even considering the weather.

I covered the open half guard witht he high knee position like Xandre showed at his seminar I showed using the elbow to stack the knee to prevent being flattened and passed, going for the choke, then if they pull away, coming up for the underhook, then either coming up behind them, attacking the Ude Gatame, or sweeping them over by pulling their knee. Everyone seemed to get it and have some success with the idea. I dodn't train in the first class but trained with everyone in the second class. Max could be good, but he isn't instinctively competitive. He works too much on being good from bad positions (which is a good thing some of the time) and not enough on forcing his way to good positions. The training was adequate, in that I broke a sweat, but, I am thinking more and more that i need to have more and better training. When Eric or John or Shannon aren't there, it is disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment