Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Monday 1/25/2010

Did Alma's Kettlebell class. Mostly I like it. some of the sets seem a little quick for my taste. I would like fewer movements for longer sets. Particularly true of the Turkish Get Up. Good to be back in Kettlebells though.

BJJ is moving to a 1.5 hour class next week on Monday with Judo moving to 7:30. this will be good for both classes I think.

Class was fine, though I didn't do much until the training. I trained with most everyone in class. very good set with John. he made me work hard to catch up to him. as long as he is on top assuming I concede the top to him, then he gives me trouble, if I get him tot he bottom, I become a bad match up for him and can keep him down. I am improving against Eric's cross spider guard. As i start to find the holes I am passing a higher percentage of the time. Still an interesting technique, though as he has swept and caught me from it. Seems particularly effective the first few times someone sees it. One other note, I hit the sweep I use when uke is inside my closed guard and they decide to headhunt me on Shannon. shows how well it works as he is very difficult to sweep. Have to remember to teach this.

Judo was solid did the speed throwing drills. Class is filling up. Christine is getting better which is good. Paula hurt her back with Josh S. He went for an uchi mata and she catted out of it but landed on her face and hurt her back. She is stupidly tough sometimes. We talked her into calling her mother and going to the emergency room. She wanted to just go home despite being in so much pain she couldn't really move.

Chris ran the rest of class as Alma and I worked on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment