Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Monday 2/15/2010

Taught the BJJ class. thankg god for Max, Katie and Dave Oh. As far as I can tell they are the entire BJJ program. I covered sweep attacks to defend the standing split. I did when uke stands without a sleeve, underhooking the leg and pressuring it by jumping the hips and flipping over to a turtle and pressuring the knee to take uke down. I did 3-6 minute sets and 2-7 minutes sets 32 minutes of training. I should have been more fatigued.

Katie and Dave stayed for Judo. They would be good addtions to the prgram. Hopefully they will come more often. Max staryed and watched but I nudged him. He wants to get a purple before starting Judo. I think that's stupid as Judo would help him get his purple. I mentioned that Saulo won't promote to purple without a green in Judo. We'll see.

Covered Osoto Gari and followed up with Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi. Decent Randori. Hit some soto Makikomis, a good Tomoe Nage and a some ashi waza. Still no Harai.

Did the head control pass for the half guard wihile holding the lapel. Good class. New white belt, Mike was in and did well. Had a long novice line and a short (3 person) Dan line. I like having the people on the other side and will be good when both sides of the line are filled.

Note Isidor made contact and finished school. He is threatening to return. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment