Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thursday 9/9/2010

Open Mat - 6-7 people in for the open mat all Judo people with the exception of Katie who gets dual citizenship. Good bit of throwing. I jumped into the group and took 90 falls and threw 30 times. Not a huge number but a decent amount as a pre-class supplemental throwing session.

Judo - Classes have begun to creep up again. 18 people tonight. We did a lot of Tokui Waza and randori. One new white belt who had trained some combat ju jitsu years ago, but, he was pretty young, could already take falls and knew some basics so he was able to jump right in. Shannnon was back also and he brings a lot to the table. The Fall is looking up. I don't recall anything of note about randori, except that there were a lot of sets and I was impressed with the energy level and intensity that I saw from everyone.

For Ne Waza we did some clock choke work. We did the traditional one I use. I have been looking at some variants and will introduce them as some people do great with this version, but, I want to give others some alternatives if this version hasn't connected with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment