Monday, October 04, 2010

Saturday 9/18/2010

Xande seminar. Well attended including some non Maxercise guys and affiliates. Lots of blue belts and some white belts so he called an audible and kept it more basic. He focused on fundamentals of passing butterfly and open guard positions. I have my notes in my technique manual. I have seen the techniques before but the value was in his discussion of hip position and weight distribution during the pass. I got a lot out of his ideas on maintaining base and staying heavy during the pass, particularly like how he talked about the pass being done mostly with his hips/weight and balance, with the hands and grips being very secondary. He talked for about two minutes on passing the open half guard position that confounds me so much in response to my question and gave some excellent albeit brief advice.

Funny note about him going off on guys who turtle and don't try to advance their position from their. He said to just do Judo and drag them over as a turnover. I don't think it's quite that easy, but, funny that he phrased it as just do judo to them for attacking a non responsive turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment