Monday, October 25, 2010

Friday 10/22/2010

Open mat at the Weston - The usual suspects were in, me, Steve, Chris, Blue John and Jack. We did 7 minutes sets for a total of 28 minutes of training. The Steve set was good I managed to sweep, pass, mount and catch once. He subbed me with a toe hold which was very well done. We had a fun scramble off of another low body attack from him. He and Sharon are opening a BJJ program on the mainline. I would like to get there ad train with them sometimes as I learn from both of them.
Chris set was good. He avoided the initial sweep and forced me to bail to a turtle. I got back to half guard and swept and pressured him. I worked to a mount but was unable to catch him before time expired.
The set with Blue John was also pretty standard. I swept him and he kept trying to scramble to back to his knees. I kept him down a few times and then finally told him to just pick his spot up or down. he said he doesn't mind being on the bottom just not underneath me.  I understand the sentiment, but I think he is making a mistake not taking advantage of the chance to work on getting better from the position. Jack did some good things during his training. He is still way out of his league in the room, but he keeps fighting and it will make him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment