Monday, October 25, 2010

Sunday 10/24/2010

Seven of us in Judo. I have been highly encouraged by the participation hard work and improvement of the lower ranks and disappointed by the lack of all of those things in the black belts. We have some injuries in the black belt ranks obviously, but, the participation level of them as a group has been disappointing at best. The seven of us got in and worked hard. We did some solid Uchi mata work. There was some clear improvement but, it also showed how far most of them have to go with this technique.
We had six of us in randori so we did 5 - 3 minutes sets. Good training with everyone. I worked more on some of my left sided program which i have been neglecting. it might be helpful to actually practice it rather than just breaking it out for randori. I did hit a respectable left sided Uchi mata as well as several other techniques.  The yoko tomoe nage from the left sided grip feels very natural. I still haven't been able to correct the footwork problems I am having with the harai Goshi on the right side.
For Ne Waza I did the bull pass but, I practiced it in the BJJ approach going to Knee in the belly rather than straight to chest to chest. This gave everyone a bit of trouble a first, but it got better. There were a lot of details to correct, but it was much betetr for all six of them by the time we were done. We did two sets of ne waza and called it a night. I hope that the guys on the way up take advantage of the chances to do BJJ as there are some potentially good BJJ players in the group and it would complement their Judo very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment