Monday, March 15, 2010

Thursday 3/11/2010

BJJ open mat - Eric and I covered a few things with Lex who had severaal questions. Eric also worked on another few attackes from his cross spider position that were fun. I want to get back to working on this position a bit. There was a particularly cool response to the Uke ducking their under the high leg.

Judo smaller class but still 11 people. sets of 25 uchikomis and the we did speed throwing. I did this with everyone else and was the second fastest finished along with eric S, who was my partner. We lost to Chris and arrianna, but finished ahead of everyone else. I felt good doing it but have to admit it tired me more than it should have. I was also a bit sore from all of the falls which I haven't taken lately. We did the outside Sumi Gaeshi and the class did well with it. I liked the way paula was doing it as she was throwing well and then riding the momentum to the mount. I'd like to see her incorporate this into her technique set.

Good randori sets. I am working in, though my stand up still hasn't come back to what I want it to be. 

We did some ne waza tokui waza which seems to be a good idea. htere isn't enough drilling done on the ne waza techniques for my taste. Having a good matwork technicque requires repetitions like stand up techniques.

Ne waza - We had 10 people training so I did the play to resolution style approach. Everyone had 9 matches 3 min each. The intensity level was disappointing. Not sure if the room was tired from the hard work in randori and nage komi, but the ne waza wasn't as spirited as I would have liked. I switched from my normal guard pull approach to a more competitive kneeling program approach. I backdropped and pinned everyone except arriana and Eric S. They both pulled. I caught Eric in a guard transition and passed him. I went 9-0 and encouraged everyone to raise the level of their efforts to win the set. Couple of suggestions were that there were too many sets, so people were saving their strength and there were too many draws, will try fewer longer sets and institue a ti breaker rule of lighter person wins a draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment