Monday, March 22, 2010

Thursday 2/18/2010

Day class at the Westin. I rolled with chris and John D. The John d set reminded me I need to work on some alternatives for the De La Riva psoition with him as he defends it well. He caught the leg in the middle and we fought so hard over who would come up he ripped the pants i was wearing. The rest of the set was strongly afected by both of us working around the torn pants. Once I get him down he has difficulty coming up, but he is playing well right now, so I have to play better to gethim down.

Open mat - coverd some ideas for Greg, Lex and Peter then rolled a few quick sets. Eric worked on another sweep from his cross spider position that should help him with the guys who try to pass standing. i did a few things that seemned to ehlp them. I covered turning bakc inside to go belly down rather than turning away. Peter and Greg both did this when we trained and avoided a pin. We also covered the trap and roll pin escape Ronnie and I devised back at the Y, which I haven't done with anyone in years. I had a kneeling program request after i used ti to devour the room last week. I will have to see if i can work it out when we have the right group.

Judo had 18 people in it. I had a plan to work myself into the sets and do some wrk for myself, but, it didn't work out that way. I covered not wrecking each others knees with Ouchi grai. i needed tp cover this as we have had a recent bad knee injury. We worked on a good ouchi gari and not grounding ourselves on our entry or allowing Uke to ground us freezing our attacking leg to the ground which leaves us vulnerable to to kosoto gake/tani otoshi across the outside of the knee, which is exceedingly dangerous.So we working on the Ura nage instead. not what i was planning but ti was important to cover it.

I intended to do a simple technique and then get a lot of ne waza in, since i wanted to train, but, I called an audible and did the turning inside to get to the turtle to avoid pins. It went so well for Peter and Greg I felt they all needed to see it. It took some time but went well eventually and should help them.

KBell challenge I got 31/30 with the 24. The extra weight it scaring my shoulder a bit. I might go back to the 20 to get more reps and go for cardio over power. have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment