Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Friday 2/19/2010

Fredson was in town and come to teach class. Excellent class, he fixed and explained a lot of the problems I was having with some of the half guard passes I was seeing last fall. I wil describe them elsewhere but I liked them a lot and have begun using them as alternatives to the better hald guard players. In some ways I think that they are complex and have quite a few moving parts. They work well against more advanced half guard players, but my old staples work well against most (90% or so) of half guards, but it will be good to have some alternatives against the more skilled players. Have to say it was a real pleasure to work with Fredson. Easily the best class I have had soince Urso left. Trained three sets. All in all, a very good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment