Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunday - 3/15/2010

Judo Class - Jason Y stayed after the team training and I wanted to do something that would be good for him but also not risk him lasding on anyone, so I revisited the Sasae Trurikomi Ashi-Osoto Gari-De Ashi Harai series, but entered at the Sasae, rather than the Osoto gari. Eric Johnson was there and he worked with Jason and did a a very good job. He has all the makings of a solid instructor.
We did some randori next. Eric had Jason and realized how big guys can feel sometimes as Jason looked like he dwarfed Eric.I took Z and had an interesting set. he threw a Te Guruma that got me over in good form. the next time he picked me up I threw him in the Sumi Gaeshi. He banged his forehead into my mouth and loosned a tooth slightly before he went over.

I took Eric next. hard set as he is big, strong and mostly plays left. He hit a drop left sided Tai Otoshi a la Big Tony. Good techniques for him. He also caught me with a foot sweep. I got him down with a foot sweep back but failed in my forward attacks. Hard sets but fun.

We went back to the Juji turnover (Russian version) for around 20+ minutes.

For Ne Waza we did 2 groups of four with 5 minute sets. I had Lex, Zweli then Eric. I pulled and swept all of them. I hit a whizzed butterfly sweep with Eric and pinned him. woudl be interesting to roll in a bjj format where the set could continue a bit more technically rather than settling for the a pin and then being over.

Went much better than Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment