Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sunday - 3/28/2010

Sunday Judo class.- Smaller class than I would like considering the Liberty Bell tournament is so close to us. We did have a very good class for the 7 of us that were there. I worked in quite a bit and felt good to work prety hard. We did some uchikomis to warm up and then did three man power drills. I had Eric J and Lex in my group. Good group and good sets. Lex felt very strong on his lift as I would expect. Eric also was really firing off and driving strongly. We did three man throwing drills back and forth next. I threw Harai and got through my set fairly quickly. I was getting a little sloppy but kept up a good pace. Eric threw left sided which is good for me to feel. I don't fight as many lefties and I should and this will be good for me, especially with Greg also fighting left. and Lex willing to attack left as well. Lex threw his seoi and it felt good to take. Good to feel a big well executed technique like this. Eric was jangled by one of the throws and we switched Nick in to finish the set. We played two sets of king of the hill, a heayweight group and a lightweight group. So it remained Lex, Eric and myself. We played golden score, winner stayed but, if there was no score in 90 seconds the player entering the match stayed. I threw a few, hit a few sacrifices and counters. Eric and Lex each threw me a few times and split some matches between themselves. Nice workout and a good group.

We did turtle turn tokui waza then did Ne waza. I worked with Eric. He managed to pass me and held me for a bit, but I escaped and came up behind him I caught the rudder armlock attacking his turtle when I caught his arm with my high leg, blocked the elbow with my low knee and then applied it. Good to work with Eric as he is one of the few people I work with who has a chance to pass me much less hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment