Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tuesday 3/9/2010

Taught the westin class for John as he was being tatooed. Crig had asked about closed guard submissions. Rather than revisit the basic cross choke or the juji gatame or triangle, I introduced the Oma Plata. I did it like I taught the judo class last week, elbow escaping to one side, while freeing the far knee while simultaneously brining the near side leg up for beginning of the Oma Plata position. bring the foo over the near shoulder, close the triangle and stay there. I did the breakdown that Xandre showed at the seminar a few years ago, which I have success and even showed the wrist lock (Kota Mawashi - sp?). I trained with john and Craig. Good class but would be nice to have a few more people and a few more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment