Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday 3/28/2006

244. good number. have to keep it going.
regis taught a turtle position. he grabbed the inside of the knee on one leg. he locked this arm. it is the leg on whatever side uke has his weight. you keep the ukes leg locked and look to turn back i to the open guard if uke does nothing. if uke runs to the side of the clock choke you go half guard. if uke runs to the opposite side for the hook, you barrel roll, lift the hook and go x guard.

3- 8 minute sessions regis completely tooled me. i was a little leg fatigued from the warmups and i am feeling a little low on enegy as my body chemisty switches. I have to stay with it to get to the high energy after a week or so.

A Dave O. session next. we didn't do too much, i was tired and plaed conservatively. i only swept him once and the let him bunmp me back and held the guard.

A session with John. It was a nice roll, he is passing aggresively and made me bail. i managed to reverse him. I don't like one thing that he is doing. I feel that the turtle reversal he is using has been so effective that he is trying to bail from the open guard and go turtle to reverse rather than try to sweep the guy. He will give up a lot of vantages this way, but it is his decision. always attack him from the left, and attack through his hips when he turtles rather than run o his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment