Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday 3/27/06

248.5 This is actually not bad after the weekend.

Kettlebells was tough. 3 5 minute sets of combined exercises. I like this format. Double cleans and bear crawls, Turkish Get-Ups and snatches, and a compound exercise.

Sat in on the white belt class taught by Urso. He is going to do the sport Jiu Jitsu techniques the way that the self defense techniques were taught. fewer more structured techniques will be taught until mastery, rather than the more haphazard apporach that we were taking. i watched the bump and elbow escape from the mount that he taught. The point I noticed was the way he bumped and drove his foot close to his butt, thus driving his knee into their butt, which forced uke higher, and allowed for an easier elbow escape.

Regis just had people train during BJJ. I took Cyrus for the first 20 minute session. it was fun to roll with him. i caught Uma Plata repeatedly. I made a point to force my way to it.

I took Eric for the next set. This onw was 30 minutes. I worked on the arm drag and then coming up for the points. It was a good sweat and i worked on a few things I needed to address.

I went to Judo at 7:30.

Art had the white belts and the upper ranks were working so i didn't take over. I waited for Ronnie and then did uchikomis and throws.

I did 2 5 minute sets with Will. He has improved enormously. he actually threw me forward with an uchi mata. i think that this is the first time, he has thrown me forward. he also threw a nice sasai tsurikomi ashi feint to osoto gari. i threw heim a bunch of times, but the best was a backgrip osoto gari as he went for a sasai and smashed him bad. i also talked to him about the friday night incident with pete and the outward perception of his arrogant dick status. hopefully this will have some impact. we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment