Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tuesday 3/14/6

248

BJJ at 6:00. Regis did a sweep/escape from the knee across pass. if they are able to drive their knee across and get it to the ground, grab the back of the belt with your top hand and the front of the belt with your inside hand. pull his hips towards you as he drives his knee away to drag his foot out of your closed half guard. As his foot comes freeshift your hips strongly to beneath his hips, in the void created by uke pulling his foot free. this places the hips and weight of the uke directly over your hips. Bridge your hips high and shift uke perpendicular to your self so that he falls next to you, on the other side of your body. do this rather than high and towards your top corner, this will let him post out and flatten chest to chest. Keep pulling his hips towards you all of the time.

3-10 minute sets. first Dave O. from the feet. he had the sense to pull guard, but his guard is his weakest position. This makes him a bit of a bad matchup for me. I moved through point positions and let him bump me a few times to play top and bottom.
I had Regis next. We started from the knees. He pulled and I worked the pass for awhile. some decent pass attempts before he reversed me. I came back up and we worked for awhile, before he flashed an armlock. Next time same begining, but i managed to get past his legs except for the foot. he had the underhook so I went to the whizzer and the elbow to drag the foot out and did it 3 times, but as i would shift back, he recaptured it. H finally switched his hips and took me across his body. we rolled for awhile more and he scored a pass and caught the armlock as the bell sounded.
Last was Pete. He palyed hard and aggressive, but i rreversed him several times and caught him a few times. He is palying well and fighting hard, so it was fun.

Urso taught my white belt class, in preparation for the tournament and the self defense competition, for the white belts. There will be 23 positions on the curriculum for demo. he covered 12 last night. This was good as it corrected a few small mistakes I was making, and it reminded me of several of the techniques that I didn't do that well, and hadn't been teaching. He will do the other 11 tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment