Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Its past time to get ready Wednesday 3/1/6

This is mainly going to be a general diary of the training I am doing in Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The training has been going on for years. I used to keep a diary but it became to cumbersome, so this will a bit more abbreviated. It will mainly focus on keeping me motivated going to class, preparing for the tournament season and getting my weight down and fitness level up.

There may often be several posts as I plan on very generally detailing the classes , my weight and the kettlebell classes that i will be doing.

The weight classes that I will be looking towards are 100 kilos for judo (220 lbs.) and 214 for BJJ. Seeing my actual weight every day will hopefully be a bit of motivation towards making weight.

went to class 30 minutes early. ron and i worked on john's back defense. he is passing the arm attempting the clock choke over the head and then throwing the kata guruma, he will also come up and do a backdrop if they attempt a guillotine. we worked on a samoan drop version as well.

class was not bad. 90 minutes. regis did the one hook escape, bail to a turtle, then dump them over the top. did 6-6 minute sets. (eric s. x2, once with him starting each time in a side position, tim s., ryan c., john p., joe b.) was on and did well with all of them. caught eric repeatedly, wrist locked ryan, 7 -0 with tim, caught bucci, played with john p. regis said he liked the way i was training lot of technique not a lot of strength.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment