Friday, August 20, 2010

Tuesday 8/16/2010

Day class at the Weston
John continued the guard sweep work he is doing.  I do the de la Riva arm hook sweep series a little differently but its still good for them to see it.

Had a good set with Lex. he pulled and worked his sweep series going for X-Guard and the butterfly sweep back and forth. i had to defend well to avoid it. I was on the run a bit just defending until he got a little tired and made a mistake. Then i used my balance and hip control to slide past his hooks and pass him. As we were moving I managed to mount and interestingly enough managed to trap both of his hands low where he couldn't recover them. This made him and easy target and was a little funny, because he was so screwed.

I took a young guy who I hadn't seen before but had been training in other classes. Moved around with him and passed and then let him regain his guard and transition a bit. Nice easy sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment