Friday, August 20, 2010

Thursday 8/18/2010

Day class at the Weston - John was running late so I covered the class. I revisited the De la
riva arm hook guard position to show the variations I use. We covered the few grip differences and position differences I like. This is a good position and I like to use it when I'm in trouble. But, I have enough confidence in it, that I don't really practice it much so the refresher was a good thing.

John told me about a recent butt call during the first set.

I rolled with Mike for the second He stood up without engaging which I don't really like, as I feel i should stand up myself then, but, I continued. He made it to my corner and forced me to turtle. He got his hooks in for a score before i could pull him around to the bottom. I went for the pass straight for the knee in the belly which in conjunction with the pass points would have given me the 5 points I need to make up for his four, but he avoided it and the set ended before i could take another shot at the pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment