Monday, August 16, 2010

Friday 8/12/2010

Open Mat at the Weston - First there was just Lex, Steve B and myself. Craig and Jack came in with varying degrees of lateness. I had Steve twice. Very solid sets albeit similar to the ones we have had. He hasn't been able to sweep me but has been difficult to pass. When I did pass, only once was I able to advance my position, getting to the mount. Typically he was able to regain his guard and then I would be forced to pass again. Good sets, but, I remain a bit of a bad match up for him .Jack is having trouble and is in a little over his head with the group here, though he and Craig have pretty decent sets. Lex is a very good addition to the Friday group and will add another fun set to the mix. Craig has been steady but I need to work on his basic split of the guard. he is trying to use his elbow to dig inside rather than pressuring the ankles and this isn't helping him.

All in all a good 40 minutes or so of solid training. Pretty good for a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment