Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8/6/2010

BJJ open mat at the Weston

Good training today. No Chris but, we had 6 of us, Steve B., Marty, Blue John, Craig, Jack and myself. the additions of Marty and Steve to the usual suspects is an excellent change of pace. I am a little bit of a bad match up for Steve just by style of play, but he plays such a solid technical game, I really enjoy it. I pulled and swept from a bit of a scramble. Then worked to half guard and then passed. He avoided the mount and made it back to half guard. I passed again and time expired before anything else happened. I had a couple of interesting exchanges with Marty. I went rubber guard on the left side to go for the Oma Plata. He ripped loose, but I switched right away to the opposite side and caught it, forced him to accept the sweep then caught him. same thing two times in a row. Maybe try to create this left to right situation more often. It flowed nicely together. The other sets were pretty standard. We did 7- 5 minute sets so a nice sweat for a Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment