Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sunday - 8/21/2010

Early throwing - Sarah, Lex and I went in 20 minutes or so early and did some throwing.It was useful to me and I can still see and feel that I am leaving too much distance on my entry. It was particularly evident with Lex as I wasn't getting the depth on the entry I wanted. The videos of Sarah throwing Seoi Otoshi, Lex throwing Seoi Nage, and me throwing Harai Goshi are helpful and are helping me see the problem that I'm having. It is good to see i can still be a pretty good Uke, though.

For judo we did a lot of Tokui Waza, giving everyone a chance to work on their favorite techniques. I slid from set to set tweaking things, but mostly let them work on their forward techniques. We did a lot of good work.

 I did note that there had been some recent complaining that we needed more time for tokui waza to the group, but that when I make a whole class of Tokui Waza, they miss the class. One of the people in the class noted that perhaps complaining was their Tokui Waza.

We did some randori sets. I took Lex. the left sided thing is still fun, but, the Harai entry hasn't improved.

For Ne Waza we began working on passing the guard. I want to devote some serious time to improving the passing skills of the club. We talked about passing over controlling the leg on one side I really emphasized using the far foot to come over the near leg and stepping out and passing. The foot over is something I use all of the time and with great success. I emphasized that if they get any one thing from the class today, to try to incorporate this concept into what they are doing.

Passing ran long so we only had time for two sets of Ne Waza and called it a day.

The randori sets are a bit of a blur at this point, so rather than recording them incorrectly I will skip it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - I looked up Complaining Gatme on google but I didn't see anything.

    ReplyDelete