Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Need to do some catching up. I missed a few classes due to attending the draft for my "Spring Break" then missed back to back Mondays to support Beth and her need for time to complete her Calculus course. So I am just going to bang out the classes i made and any special notes.

4/26 Monday
No class - Baby duty.

4/27 Tuesday
Day class at the Westin - Check

4/29 Thursday
Day class at the Westin - Check

4/29 Thursday
 Kbells - I think my new routine will be to do Kettlebells on my own on Thursday. I devised my own work out. I didn't make it through the workout as designed so i will have something to work towards. If I get to the point that i can complete it, then I can add an exercise or raise the weight.
This stupid blog program won't let me copy and paste it so I will have to add the workout later.

BJJ Open Mat - Check

Judo - This was Miguel's last class with us. He has graduated and will be returning. We promoted him to Sankyu. He has been a great asset to us during his time at the club. We went out afterwards and I was pretty hammered.

We promoted Miguel to Brown belt. He deserves it quite easily and his throwing skills are on a black belt level. to celebrate his promotion and bid him farewell. We all took turns throwing him. Our new tradition for all of our promotions.


Friday 4/30 Open mat at the Westin
Good work Chris left early, and Steve B. came in and joined. so he will add a lot to the training. I did some sets and had a few nice rolls. The sets with Steve were good as his game is very solid and a little different than I am used to seeing. I didn't catch him but scored a few times and avoided giving up any points. It will be good to see how the games develop as I work with him more. I also hit a few flippies on Craig. he was shocked as a 200+ pounder doesn't expect to get flipped.

Sunday 5/1 Judo
I did some fits and throws with Lex. I felt pretty good and felt good taking some throws. I worked on the hikikomi Gaeshi with him as I think I realized what the trouble was for his execution of the technique.
I tested them Nick, Sarah, Lex and James) on several throws to see if they knew what they were by name. They did poorly so we will have to work on this.

I did the over-under pass in Ne waza as Lex wanted to work on passing directly to side control rather than to half guard.

Monday - 5/2 Judo
No class - baby duty.

Tuesday Day class at the Westin.

2 sets of training -Chris and blue John.

No comments:

Post a Comment