Friday, May 14, 2010

Thursday 5/13/2010

BJJ at the Westin - I taught again, though John should be back today. I covered the drop kata guruma. Mostly went pretty well, though I saw some consistent problems some of the newer guys had that I will have to watch for in the future when I teach it. Particularly holding on to the lapel too long which ruins the angle of the entry which leading to taking the Uke straight back from back to front rather than across the yoke of the shoulders.
I did some mount attacks including the baseball choke and trapping ukes arm if he goes from the underneath the leg escape from knee in the belly.

I rolled with Mike's GF (blue belt) who was in class. She rolls well and is fundamentally sound. mentioned a few things to her i would fix, but it would be good to see her around more often and blue John who rolls fine but persist in trying to sit up too much instead of working on a more technical back game.

No comments:

Post a Comment