Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Friday - 5/6/2010

Westin Open Mat - 6 of us were there including two black belts Steve B and Steve K. also myself, Chris, blue john and craig. all in all an excellent group for training. I set it up into 5 - 7 minute matches. The matches with Craig Blue John and Chris were fine albeit fairly standard. Chris remains very susceptible to a whizzer butterlfy sweep done from the left side. Blue John tries to hard to scramble back to his feet rather than working on his back game as much as he should. Craig struggled with the knee in the belly and tapped before he should. Steve B has a very solid technical game. he moves well, though had a little trouble with the size differential. I managed to pass and get to knee in the belly. He went for the escape I think is a mistake going under the knee, I dropped and trapped it, the managed to catch the Ude Garame. Steve K was last. a bit smaller than me, but good and more athletic than Steve B, I think. I pulled and he worked to pass. He tore my pants as I was coming up which screwed us both up. I bailed and went trap and roll. My hand was caught in his pants and I had to stop when my fingers were twisted and crackled. I didn't really have much use of it the rest of the set. He pulled and I worked the pass, until time expired. Good set, despite the torn pants and the jacked up fingers. looking forward to training with them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment