Monday, May 10, 2010

Thursday 5/5/2010

I taught the day class at the Westin. I did some stand up due to the upcoming tournament and took advantage of John being away to do a little off of the feet. I did a belt grip attack for the crouching lurker, which how all too many bjj people fight off of their feet. The first one was essentially a low Georgian throw, without the pick up part. I more just rotated the Uke to his back over his left shoulder. I then did a belt grip Ouchi Gari. I reminded them to make sure they square back up as this will make the back take harder for the uke who has been thrown. Lastly we covered a basic Kimura from the straddled head position, breaking the grip free then applying the arm lock.

2 sets of Ne Waza - Chris D and blue John. I am feeling a little sluggish and heavy. Need to get back to the diet. 10 lbs. is just the tip of what i need to lose but it's a real tipping point in how I feel in terms of mobility and cardio.

No comments:

Post a Comment