Friday, May 14, 2010

Tuesday 5/11/2010

Day class at the Westin - I taught class while John is away. I covered a few random things that I think were important. In particular I did the Squirt armlock from underneath which is such an important response to big guys defending the armlock by smashing the guy down. This is where you use the low hand to pull yourself through and squirt out the backside as uke continues to try to smash you. This leads to a strong armlock when he drops flat on his face as he tries to maintain the smash and pass. This looks like it will be particularly useful for Mike B.

I did the smash pass when Uke goes for the armlock, using the naked choke arm position to keep from being locked, then extricating the arm and passing. This is oen of my bread and butter techniques. I give guys shots at the armlock because I have the confidence in this technique to trade the pass opportunity for the armlock risk.

Jack is still banged up so there was an odd number and my hand/thumb is still giving me trouble so I sat out and had the others train. We only had time for two sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment