Monday, August 31, 2009

August 29, 2009

Saturday BJJ class. Urso covered turtling and getting back to guard. He locks the arm on the outside knee of the uke when they try to move to a side to attack the turtle. Then sits over the opposite hip while keeping the weight on the elbowand the knee up to allow tori to sit to the guard. I voiced concern with using the free leg to attack an inverted Oma Plata or a belly down arm lock. He focused on sitting throough and pulling the arm free if they take the weight off and attack the arm. It was hard to catch him from there, so i have to remember the focus is to get out of the turtle and get to guard, and this worked pretty well.

Had Amir, Dave Oh, Tom and Randy for training. They were all pretty clingy especially in half guard once I put them on the bottom. typical sets with all of them, except Randy. It was going as it usually does when he tried to trap my shoulder from the bottom which annoyed me. When i got free I passed aggressively as time was running out. I got outside his legs and launched a knee in the belly that knocked the wind from him, then rode on top of the knee for a few seconds and he tapped as time expired. Does this make me a jerk? Ronnie would say yes, but at least he was uninjured.

1 comment:

  1. It does not make you a jerk, he should not tapping from getting pinned unless he is injured.

    ReplyDelete