Monday, August 24, 2009

August 22, 2009

Saturday BJJ class. - Urso covered a pass of the butterfly guard for most of the students but had me and 3 other brown belts work on something else. (I like that he is willing to give the upper ranked guys a little individual attention). The isea is to do a knee up inside the guard and work the pass from there. so, right knee up, left leg out wide for base and looking to step over. Next he knelt forward and actually knelt in the belly of the uke. the right hand went for a deep collar choke gripKeep the uke turning to the side you are choking. look to pass but be patient most importantly maintain the position and keep the pressure on. If the chance arrives throw the second hand on and choke. This choke worked well and was very tight for me. He also did a looping/lariat variation of the choke that was strong. As you are choking always be looking to pass. Defending the choke, which is a dangerous choke can open the pass opportunity.

3 sets - Dr. Joe, Dr. Eric and David Oh. Decent sets, nice sweat. They are all cling more than I like but they are improving though Dr. Joe fell backwards when he stood up to pass and I pulled myself up to him, thus pulling me on top into the mount...not one of his shining moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment