Monday, August 24, 2009

August 23, 2009

Sunday Judo Class. Disappointing turn out, I thought we were turning the corner, but, I will have to get on some cases. 4 of us were in, Lee, Christine, and Kyle, the 13 year old I teach at S. Philly karate. He has a lot of potential, if he keeps up the work. His BJJ is solid for his age and amount of training and he learns well. Would like to keep him coming to Judo.

Taught Ouchi Gari first. did it a classic entry with a lot of reps and throws. Good for me too, as this used to be my primary technique and, while I am entering well, I need to finish better. Good number of throws and fits for me and Lee, while Christine and Kyle worked. Everyone did well.

Taught Yoko Tomoe Nage from a hunched posture (as if Uke is breaking you down with a high grip) went very well. I forgot how well, I threw this and have to break it out more often. I was really hitting it as was Kyle. Chris did pretty well, and Lee had some promise but, he has never been a Tomoe Nage player.

Randori - I did a long set with Lee. Hit a few tomoe Nages and a few things. Almost nailed a big Harai, but not quite far enough through the zone with my hips, but it was a little improvement. Lee had another good Sasai. It is his best technique right now, I think.

Kyle and Chris had a nice set. She struggled with his posture but began to figure it out by the end. He threw a few good Morote Garis and a few other things.

For Matwork we did X-Guard sweeps. We did 1, 3 and 4. The three of them did a good job on it. Chris and Kyle had a good matwork set. He pulled and worked for a triangle and finished with aminute to go. she pulled then and I think surprised him with an excellent arm bar and tapped him.

No comments:

Post a Comment