Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thursday 7/15/2010

Kettlebells - Hard workout - I switched to 16KGs when I got to Deck Squats, but switched back to the 20KG and finished the workout. I almost quit a couple of times before the end but i got through it. Having the workout written out and staring at me helps me get through it.

Open Mat - Greg came in and we worked on a few positions about which he had a question.

Judo - Little bit of a tough class. We were getting through the warmups slowly but improving (Oma Plata, Armlock, and the knee to back drill then rolls, elbow escapes, butt scoots and arm drags) when two of the members of the blind Judo team here in Philly came in. Both were big and inexperienced, one was huge (consensus of 350+) add the difficulty in teaching plus the potential for injury and it makes for a challenging class. with no notice it made it hard as I couldn't run the class I had intended. We did Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi, and then did Tokui Waza. Not a lot of size to put with them for randori. fortunately they played OK, just always a bit of danger with anyone that size who is new and an unknown in the class. I kept them with Lex and Chris S. Who both did well with them . When we did Ne Waza Greg joined in and gave me another big body to put with them. This helped quite a bit. All in all, it wasn't the best class I have taught but it all worked out OK, The two new guys indicated a desire to return as they are prepping for some of the big paralympic games. I think I will be better prepared for them next time, though teaching any complex matwork will be a challenge.

This has nothing to do with this post, but, there is so many monster technicques, it made me feel better just watching it.

Womens Judo High Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment