Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thursday 7/8/2010

BJJ at the Weston. Another blue belt, Marty was back in class and seems like he is going to make more. He's an aset as he will round out the group, give a different body type and perspective and continues the trend of very solid good people that has been building. We did more standing pass work.

We did two sets. I took Marty first. I worked for the half butterfly sweep and managed to get him to go over but he was big enough and with good enough base so that he ended turtling. I attacked it and managed to get a clock choke. Next set I swept again and was working from the top when time expired. 

The set with blue John was good. It was mostly pretty typical but I did manage to get a Mata Leo/rear naked choke, something I rarely get when playing gi. As he turned away i managed to get such a deep grip it was easier to attack the rear naked than switch to my preferred collar choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment