Tuesday, July 06, 2010

7/1/2010 - Thursday

Kettlebells - I made it through my workout, though i had to drop from a 20kg., to a 16kg, about 2/3s of the way through it. It was good and fatigued me. I'm satisfied with as it is for awhile. i think I will stick with this one and modify it later, but this will be my core workout. 

Open Mat - i was ready for some No-Gi but it didn't happen. I did some Ouchi Gari work with Peter and Lex showed me some of the Brabo techniques Fredson covered. I'm going to make an effort to do some reps on several of these and incorporate them into my game.

Judo - We did some warmups including the partner squats. I am considering doing more practical repetition drills for a warmup. I have to decide which drills and how long they will take.

We did one handed throwing drills,  and then randori.

For Ne Waza, we returned to the Kesa Gatame escapes. I started with the bridge drills and that helped get them where I needed them to be a it sooner. But, when I continued to see mediocre execution of the escape. Too many people drop their hips on the escape. I gave the speech about the necessity of being an A level escape artist for execution if there is to be any hope of escaping a good player. We did a few sets of Ne Waza and called it a night. We did a few beers across the street to celebrate Eric being older.

1 comment: