Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 22, 2009 - Thursday

Day class at the Westin. John covered some basics from Kne in the belly. I trained with Chris Delpi. Decent set,but, he is a bit of a bad matchup for me. The classic guy I give trouble a middle/light heavy weight power player is a bad matchup. They can't overpower me and it messes them up. He also can't stop the basic Butterfly sweep so that's bad news for him.

Open mat for BJJ that night. I trained with Eli, who still has a very high ceiling. He learns and pays attention and asks the right questions. Good set 10+ minutes. I also did a set with Ramundo, who is much better than i ever imagined he would be but still is so defensive and fearful of engaging its hard to have a good set with him.

Judo was sparsely attended Lee, Chris S., Nick and Alma, We did more pulling drills for Harai and Ouchi Gari. The three guys did king of the hill. Lee won the most but Chris won some. Nick came close to some scores but couldn't quite finish them.

We covered some flat turtle attacks with the front sankaku then attacked the turtle live. Did the Yamashita turn for Alma and she covered the front arm triangle from the Royler seminar she covered on sunday.

* Not as sure abt the BD option as the classes might not meet my needs. I am reconsidering going full circle. In some ways it would be the smartest thing, just hard to bite the bullet. Not sure if i would be welcome anyway. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment