Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 8, 2009 - Thursday

Did some open mat with in BJJ. Rolled with Eric S. Last time he trained he got me down and managed to get a pass and put some points up against me, so I had to look for some payback (is it wrong to be so petty?) I swept him and was all over hime before catching him in a corner choke (what we are designating the choke Miles calls the reach around, a name I decline to adopt) . Good to make sure I can still take him.

In Judo we had a good class, including another Mike appearance. We did some more Uchi Mata and then did some randori. I gave Mike good partners and he did fine but his body was clearly feeling it. Similar randori sets for me. Fun but frustrating. I am hitting the Soto Makikomi as a switch from an Osoto. I consider this a poor substitute for the Harai but it is working so is better than nothing.

We did some choke work with the group. We did the clock choke, the Advanced Paula, and the corner choke. Good ne waza again. Lee broke my little toe during randori so I took him in Ne waza and adminstered a beatdown, which was fun (note the continuing pettiness) Another set with Mike, sweep, pass pin, let him reguard, pass-pin repeat. Not like the old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment