Thursday, October 22, 2009

October 19, 2009 Monday

I went tot he second half of the first class. As good as zak is I find him a boring instructor and too much of what he teaches is better for him than other body types. He needs to teach other approaches and styles than just his own.

I did some training. It was OK. It's a shame that is the best I can say about it.

Judo class was smaller than i like. We did some three man throwing drills that were well received. Zak let his class run late so it ate up 10 minutes of my very limited randori time. which irks me.

Randori was good albeit too short. Lee continues to stand out. I want Josh s. to be more aggressive in his throwing attempts rather than settle for sacrifices. He also does too much Kosoto Gake and he gets tossed too much in Uchi mata. Nick looked good and William was hot and throwing people around.

Ne Waza we did front sankaku attacking a flat turtle. It's getting better but still not there. We did some live attacking the turtle drills, had some success but need to do better. A few Ne Waza sets and we went home 5 minutes early.

No comments:

Post a Comment