Monday, April 12, 2010

4/7/2010

Westin day class. Just Blue John showed up. We covered some guard passing ideas that give me trouble. Less technical than strategic and philosophical... Hopefully it will help him.

Open Mat BJJ - Just Judo people were there. I trained for about 5 minutes with Eric s and we had a decent set. I had a little soreness but no reoccurrence of my injury.

Judo had the last class before the tournament. Well attended with 23 people. Good hard low impact training. I started to run the people who still needed to cut weight but realized ti was too soon, as they had a day left to wait to weigh in, so we got a good sweat and worked on technique and called it a night.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. So does your school compete in both judo and bjj? We have a couple people at our school who train both and they do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking us out. We do quite a bit of competing in both sports not all but many do compete in both. We had 8 competitors at BJJ pan ams and 12 at the Liberty bell tournament here in Philadelphia this past weekend. I usually find the people who compete in both are always among our better competitors. Both styles complement one another and improve your competitive skills.

    ReplyDelete