Friday, April 02, 2010

Thursday 4/1/2010

Day class at the Westin - Small group though John's apprentice Mike was there. He will be a good training partner. He plays a solid technical game, is young and plays hard but not crazy.

We did some more half guard attacks, working for the underhook, then sweeping or taking the back. the we worked the half guard reversal closing the triangle above the knee and sweeping them backwards.

I trained with mike and he worked a solid pass attempt. I escaped and fed him a triangle to attack and then passed him from it. he escaped to his turtle. I worked for a clock choke then had a small pop in my right rib. First time I have had that injury in years. I forgot how much it sucks. I hid the rest of the set, but didn't quit. I rolled a short one with one of the white belts to keep the sets even. I pulled nad just maintained guard and let him work but not succeed. Hopefully this won't linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment