Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday 1/7/10

BJJ open mat. just the Judo guys are coming, me Eric S., Lex and Shannon are the most consistent. Eric and I worked on his cross spider guard. I played it from the bottom for the first time. Still ahve to figure out where the offense is from it but, it is difficlt to pass once I settle into it. More bodies will help this time, but these are all good training partners. Particularly enjoyed working with Shannon lately. His back game is just in the nascent stages but he has great base and is difficult to sweep. He puts pressure on my turtle though he hasn't cracked it open yet.

Judo - I emphasized power drills, i.e. three man drills and runing drill. worked on clock choke against the drop seoi nage.
Good randori set with Lee, hit a good soto Makikomi, but I hate settleing for that rather than the Harai. My shoulder doesn't hurt as much but it still fails me when I put it to the question.

had a Kbell challenge for snatches after class - as many as you can do left and right without putting the bell down and only switching once. Did 40 left and 30 right with the 20 kg. decent start but I have a long way to go to get back the power I had. Back in the day I would have done 1-15 more with my right than my left, so that is where the weakness is.

No comments:

Post a Comment