Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Monday 4/3/6

No kettlebells this week. I want to feel as fresh as possible for pan ams. I will do class, though.

BJJ with Regis. The class was tough. I am working my weight down so I only had some peanuts all day before class. I would have been better having nothing. Regis did the 2 point drill for an hour or so. I stayed in for awhile, then Cyrus managed to knock me down. I found the sets more fatiguing than usual. Even the small guyus were just clinging to me, so it was tiring just to pry them off of me. Regis gave me a little grief about letting them jump and close the guard, but my thinking was that this would make it as hard as possible. After I was out I got Zak and passed him. As i became more fatigued I began to stop letting guys jump and throwing them. Zak was expecting me to let him jump but I hooked him in an Osoto Gari and hammered him. i then threw Pete and let him bump me over. This should be 2 and vantage so i should win. Regis gave him the points, I think to get me to stop accepting the bump. I came back in and passed Zak again. Only other note was that Brian Rago stayed in for the whole set. He is clearly the best blue belt.

I stayed for Judo but only coached.

No comments:

Post a Comment